Some Radiant Wisteria

Some Radiant Wisteria

This past week I had the great experience of bartering for a nail job. My friend Kim made dinner one night, and in return I did her nails for her. A trade like this can be a really good idea if you personally know the person who does your nails for you. I know that I don't mind! I got to have a yummy dinner and hang out with my friend and her family, and she got to relax and have her nails done! Some people wonder though, why don't I just want the money? Doing nails for me isn't just about the paycheck - its about making the people I serve feel good. Who better to make feel good than the people I enjoy having in my life?


Luckily for me though, Kim also loves the color purple! So, I also got the opportunity to feature her nails on the blog for my weekly color post. Kim picked a great color by Crabtree and Evelyn called Wisteria. For the longest time I didn't know what Wisteria actually was...but this character in a play I saw with my mom kept talking about how when she got to Italy she would be surrounded by Wisteria...I thought maybe she had meant a feeling of bliss or something, but I looked it up after and realized it was a beautiful purple plant. 



Crabtree and Evelyn's Wisteria does a great job of capturing the lovely purple color of the plant. The polish even has a lovely shimmer.  However, this polish went on Thick! I almost didn't need the second coat. It did dry though in a reasonable amount of time. 



Now, Kim is a busy mother of two, so she is most likely a lot rougher on her nails that some of us single, office working types. But I was still a bit sad to hear that after three days her polish had already chipped! Maybe you pay $6.00 for the beautiful color and not the long lasting effect? I am not sure. But I am curious to try out the polish some more. Good thing I let her take the polish with her on her trip - she was able to fix her chipped polish. But being the optimist that I am when it comes to nail polish, I would still recommend this brand to my friends - the other Crabtree and Evelyn products are great and the polish colors really are beautiful and sophisticated. 



If you are interested in getting a bottle of Wisteria, check out Crabtree and Evelyn's website. They are running a really great deal right now on the price of their polish, so you should really check it out! You can also find it in a store near you. I got my bottle at a store at Barefoot Landing when I went on vacation in Myrtle Beach. 



If you have used any great colors lately, please share them with me! I would love to post about your nails on the blog. Also, don't forget to check out the blog on Instagram!

Be Radiant!
Amanda


#fiftytwoweeksofnails
@theradiantamanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Radiant Phia

Keep That Callus

Gear up for Shark Week