Marsala and Mary Lee

Marsala and Mary Lee


I have finally caught up with myself! Thanks goodness! This oxblood-esque color of the week for the week of March 15th-21st is Mary Lee. 


Now, Mary Lee isn't your normal Julep color. This Julep color is a satin finish. Satin finish polishes are much like matte finishes, but they are still have a bit more shine to them. HOwever, they are not as shiny as creme polishes - and thats the point. Satin polish are supposed to be muted and smooth, but shiny, like satin fabrics. 


My measly iPhone pictures don't do the satin finish any justice. But it really was a ice color to wear...even though when I took it off it left bits of red on my skin. Mary Lee also dried quicker than regular polish, but still not as fast as matte polishes. 


As for coats of color, Mary Lee needed two coats for it to be as bold and deep as it needed. Both layers of the polish were thick, despite my trying to make the first coat thin. Overall, it was a nice color; although not quite up my alley. 


If you are interested in getting your own bottle of Mary Lee, or just seeing their other choices of satin finsih polishes, check out Julep's website. You can also find select Julep colors on QVC and at your local Sephora stores. 


Share your nails with me! I would love to post about them on the blog!

Be Radiant!
Amanda


@amandagrams89
#fiftytwoweeksofnails


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Radiant Phia

Keep That Callus

Gear up for Shark Week