Pantone's Radiant Orchid 2014

Pantone's Radiant Orchid 2014

Thank you readers! I am so excited to finish out the year of the Radiant Orchid and start a new year of Marsala, but here is one last post!



For this final week of the year 2014 I thought it would be fitting to showcase Pantone's nail polish collection specifically for Radiant Orchid. Along with Sephora, Pantone created this color trio that perfectly sums up this years radiant color. 

Here is Pantone + Sephora for the 2014 color of the year Radiant Orchid: 


The first of the three colors in this little trio is Radiant Orchid itself. It really is a great color to match the color of the year! This polish was also the first time I had encountered Sephora polish and I can say, I wasn't let down!



This polish was also the first time I had encountered Sephora polish and I can say, I wasn't let down! After two coats of color, this polish evened out and gave great coverage without streaks. 


There isn't much more I can say. This color represents a whole year of polish for me and it, at times, is a bit overwhelming to think that I made a whole year revolve around my nails. But, to continue, the color dried pretty quick - which makes me think I should go out an try more Sephora colors for the upcoming year with Marsala. 


And to top it all off - I got this little trio set for only $5.00 on a clearance shelf near the Sephora check out! In fact, there is an entire set of make up by Sephora + Pantone Universe. Click the image below to grab yours before the sets are all gone!!! 


The second color in the set does a great job at complementing Radiant Orchid. A little more on the earthy tone side is Brick Dust. 


An odd color for me to see on myself - but an overall enjoyable color. If it wasn't for the blog, I might not ever think to try a color like this one on my nails...silly me. But I love this color. In fact, you may see this color again during the year of Marsala. 




Like the Radiant Orchid polish, this lacquer went on smooth and had great coverage. I honestly can't wait to wear it again! At first, I honestly thought it was an odd color to put next to a purple, but now I think the trio wouldn't be complete without Brick Dust. 


The last color in the Pantone + Sephora is Fairy Tale. This color is a pale pink shimmer color...that doesn't photograph very well. 



Fairy Tale is so pale that you can barely tell that there is color on your nails. While most of the time is not on my like list, colors that are pale and shimmery like this can also serve a very useful purpose. Sometimes you just need a little something on your nails that doesn't scream nail polish. 


 

This polish does that. It gives your nails just enough shimmer to be pretty without all the polish hoopla. This is a great polish for the working professional who doesn't want to have bare nails, but also doesn't want to have their nails stand out. 




If you are interested in getting a head start on this upcoming year's color, Marsala, click the image below to head on over to Sephora + Pantone Universe to get started. 



I can't believe it has been a whole year! I thank you so much for following me through this polish journey and I hope you will continue with me through 2015! If you see any colors that you think would represent the year of Marsala, please share them! I would love to post about your polishes on the blog!

Be Radiant!
Amanda


#fiftytwoweeksofnails
@theradiantamanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Radiant Phia

Keep That Callus

Gear up for Shark Week