Radiance In A Haze

Radiance In A Haze

Hi Everyone! This week's color of the week was totally not intentional. I originally hadn't intended to do a Matte finish nail polish on the blog...but I must have been in a total daze yesterday. As I stpoped by the pharmacy I saw this lovely purple polish on the shelf and HAD to have it! I guess I never read the bottle though. I never realized it was a matte finish polish.


So, I paint about three nails and then look more closely  - huge surprise to me! (a sad one unfortunately...I am not this biggest matte fan)


However, persoanl bias aside, this color as a Matte is really a lovely one. After two coats of color, In A Haze was perfectly smooth and had a perfect matte finish look. Sally Hansen nailed it!


This polish not only went on well, it dried fast. In my book, that makes it a win! Now, of course by now you have notiece the other picture of the nails with a nice shine to them. Well, I personally couldn't stand the dissapointment I was feeling over my little polish mishap...so I put a shiny top coat on! 


To give my nails the shine that I had originally been hoping for, I grabbed my closest top coat and slapped on a layer of Sparitual. You can almost hardly tell that this polish was originally a matte finish. 


I do love this color, don't get me wrong, I was just hoping for shiny nails when I picked this up. My mistake for not reading the bottle! Another thing I like about In A Haze is the fact that in darker light, this color looks like a lovely blue-ish purple! 


You can get a bottle of Sally Hansen, Insta-Dry, Matte Mat at your local supercenter or drugstore. 
If you have used any great purple polishes lately, show them off! I would love to post about your nails on the blog!


Be Radiant!
Amanda


#fiftytwoweeksofnails
@theradiantamanda



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Radiant Phia

Keep That Callus

Gear up for Shark Week